From: Chris Scharff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 9:29 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: Public Folder Issues

Your AV software perhaps?

On 1/7/03 18:35, "Steve Iadarola" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Has anyone seen a similar issue to this?  I have a Public Folder that has a
few subfolders in it.  The posts/files that have been posted after 11/30/2002

can not be opened by a majority of the users.  The user is posting the files

the same way she always does.  She creates a new post and attaches the
document to the post.  There has been no change in the permissions of the
Public Folders.  The strange thing is that some of the users can open the
newer posts and some can not.

I had one of the users that could not open the post try to open it in OWA and

they could open it through OWA, but not in outlook.  As a test we added a
user to the permissions on the folder as an author and posted a test message.

The user still could not open the test message after the permissions change.

What am I missing?  What am I doing wrong?  We have 2 Exch2K servers in the
organization, however all the users and public folders reside on the server
at our location.