I don't know about that. I've had multi-year old servers that hover around
1.5, some that have stayed consistently over 4. What I find even more
interesting is that I've started with many servers with an SIS of 1.0 -
following an ExMerge based migration, and I've seen a steady increase in SIS
over time, but I'll admit that they rarely get over 2-3 in those cases.

Even at 1.5, a 30GB store is much smaller than the 45 that it would be
otherwise.

I'd call the benefit a mixture of both delivery speed improvements and disk
storage space savings.

Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis - Formerly Harbinger and Extricity
Atlanta, GA