Are you looking to get rid of managing the copy of the address list on the
sendmail box? (either /etc/mail/aliases or /etc/mail/virtusertable), or are
you looking to just remove the sendmail box entirely?

The former is a good idea, the latter doesn't necessarily matter as much.

Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis - Formerly Harbinger and Extricity
Atlanta, GA