I think one could do it with mailsweeper... Haven't touched it in 5 years
though.

On 1/13/03 14:13, "Woodruff, Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mailsweeper doesn't do this does it?  I have the same problem here.  I
have been searching for a solution other than a different domain.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Scharff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 3:10 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: Can you specify which account NDR's come from?

With an even sink it's likely possible.. Or with a 3rd party content
filter. Might also consider registering company3.com and using it as the
NDRs for both.

On 1/13/03 13:23, "Clishe, Jason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have a client, lets call them Corp1. Their registered domain name is
corp1.com. Within Corp1 is a smaller company, lets call them Corp2, and
their domain name is corp2.com. Corp1 and Corp2 are housed under the
same roof, but they must maintain complete anonimity from one another.

There is a single IT department that services both companies, and a
single Active Directory domain services all users.

The companies currently use 2 completely separate email systems. Corp1
uses Exchange 2000, and Corp2 uses a mail hosting company. The Corp2
users POP their mail.

The companies would like to consolidate their mail to the existing
Exchange 2000 server. However, they have a concern. If, for whatever
reason, someone sends an email to a Corp2 user which generates an NDR,
the NDR will be sent to the original sender from [EMAIL PROTECTED],
not [EMAIL PROTECTED] This point freaks them out enough to prevent
them from consolidating their mail.

So here's the bottom line: 1 Forest, 1 Domain, 1 Exchange Org, 1
Exchange server, 2 companies. Is there anyway to say that NDR's
generated by corp1.com get sent by [EMAIL PROTECTED], and NDR's from
corp2.com get sent by [EMAIL PROTECTED]?

Jason