From: Hague, Jeff
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 9:59 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: CE / Pocket Outlook and Exch2K

We have 1 user in our organization who uses Windows CE 3.0 with Pocket
Outlook 3.0 to access e-mail on our Exchange2K box when he travels.
Normally I wouldn't allow it because we have no techs trained in CE but
this guy is the President of the college so he uses what he wants.
Anyway heres the issue. When he opens a message from someone outside of
our e-mail domain, no problems. When he opens a message from inside
([EMAIL PROTECTED]), he can read the header info - sender, subject, etc,
but the body of the message is gone and it says "Unsupported text or
character set removed". It doesn't seem to matter if the sender uses
plain text, Rich text or HTML as the format and changing the font
doesn't matter either. I believe the standard font is Times New Roman
and that is installed on his little box and works in Pocket Word and
Pocket Excel. Does anyone know of any issues between the CE/Pocket
Outlook client and Exchange 2000? The MS Knowledge base doesn't have
anything.

Jeff Hague
MCSE, MCT
Network Manager