I assume that he also wants to use the OWA server as an SMTP server. Instead of
calling it OWA server he should use a more generic term like "front-end"

-----Original Message-----
From: Dupler, Craig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 4:25 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: MX Record For OWA ?

The purpose of an MX record is for an SMTP relay host to be able to resolve
a specific name.  OWA is not an SMTP service.  Rather, it is a web pump.  It
dynamically generates a web page view of the specified content of your
server's stores.  The protocol that is used to hit the OWA server is
something like http or https, hence Martin's answer.

One small tidbit.  Your OWA users will have to be able to get to the DNS
name of the OWA server.