I tried to make the VB Script work a while ago without success. Finally
went a different route and procured the IMSS suite from TrendMicro,
which works beautifully.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yanek Korff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 2:24 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: E-Mail disclaimers; exch2000

Following KB articles:
317680 - Add a Disclaimer to Outgoing SMTP Messages in Visual Basic
Script
288756 - SMTP Transport Event OnArrival Does Not Fire For MAPI Messages

I've followed the procedures in the above two articles and can't seem to
get
a disclaimer working.  If I telnet to my secondary server's port 26 &
simulate an SMTP conversation the message does get to its destination
with
the disclaimer... but no disclaimer under MAPI.

I'm confident Virtual Server 1 is listening on 25 & sending to the same
server on port 26.  The secondary virtual server is listening on 26 &
sending to the external mail relay.  The SMTP Event sink is registered
on
the secondary virtual server.

Did I miss something?

cscript smtpreg.vbs /enum yields:
Source {1B3C0666-E470-11D0-AA67-80C04FA345F6} {
  DisplayName = smtpsvc 1
  OnArrival Sinks {
  }
Source {1B3C0666-E470-11D3-AA67-80C04FA345F6} {
  DisplayName = smtpsvc 2
  OnArrival Sinks {
    Binding {388E9019-0868-47BE-8C96-A2FA975CA970} {
      DisplayName = SMTPScriptingHost
      SinkClass = CDO.SS_SMTPOnArrivalSink
      Status = Enabled
      SourceProperties {
        Priority = 0
        Rule = mail from=*
      }
      SinkProperties {
        ScriptName = D:\EventSink\EventSinkScript.vbs
      }
    }
    Binding {10F2AD29-5256-4B36-A5CA-EAB34079419B} {
      DisplayName = SampleOnArrivalEvent
      SinkClass = SampleSMTPEvent.TransportEventInterface
      Status = Enabled
      SourceProperties {
        Rule = mail from=*
        Priority = 10
      }
      SinkProperties {
      }
    }
  }

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Yanek.

This e-mail message, including any attachments, contains information that is
confidential, may be protected by the attorney/client or other applicable
privileges, and may constitute non-public information.  This message is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s).  If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, do not read it; please immediately
notify the sender that you have received this message in error and delete this
message.Unauthorized use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, reproduction
of this message or the information contained in this message or the taking of
any action in reliance on it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Thank you for your cooperation.