You need to install and configure an E2K FE server.. Which means it needs to
be E2K enterprise and communicates on a variety of ports different than
5.5's OWA did.

On 1/17/03 14:27, "Bailey, Matthew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can you be more specific?

Can you run OWA 5.5 against a Exchange 2000 server?

- Matt

Matthew Bailey
LAN Engineer
CSK Auto, Inc.
(602) 631-7486

From: Chris Scharff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 12:54 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: Upgrading OWA from 5.5 to 2000

There is nothing quite analogous to  'only running OWA'  in E2K, you'll want

to spend some time researching the requirements for and implications of
implementing a FE/BE topology.

On 1/17/03 12:50, "Bailey, Matthew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I cannot seem to find specific documentation on how you upgrade a webserver
that is only running OWA from 5.5 to 2000.  Common sense tells me to pop the

Exchange 2000 CD in and run setup (followed by SP3) but I would like to see
some documentation.

Has anybody done this?  Are there any pitfalls to avoid?

- Matt

Matthew Bailey
LAN Engineer
CSK Auto, Inc.