hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Clemens, Rick
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 8:58 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Ex2k Priv grows when the Pub grows?

So here is my set up.

Exchange 5.5 SP4
Exchange 2000 SP3 on Windows 2000 Advance Server SP3
I have one Storage Group
I have two Mailbox Stores
        Priv1 (3 Users)
        Priv2 (0 Users)
I have one Public Folder Store

So I brought up my Ex2k server in my Ex5.5 site and created the second
Mailbox store.  I then started replicating all my public folders in the
Exchange 5.5 environment to my Ex2k Public Folder Store.  Just for
giggles I opened up Windows Explorer to watch the Pub1.edb file grow and
to my amazement so was the Priv2.edb.  So why does that happen?  Anyone
else notice this?  I mean I have no mailboxes on that store except for
SMTP and the System Mailbox.  This is the second time I have seen this
happen.....can anyone explain it?