turn off NDRs

-----Original Message-----
From: Clishe, Jason [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 8:46 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Need recommendation for 3rd party Exchange 2000 POP3
Connectors - my reason

Thanks for all the responses.

I posted earlier last week about my need to host 2 separate companies on
one Exchange box, and an absolute requirement is that customers of each
company could not know that the 2 companies physically resided under the
same roof with the same management. One problem to this scenario is that
NDR's for both companies would be generated by the same address, and it
would give them away. I haven't found a solution to the NDR issue, and
no one on this list has, either. Which leads me to the POP3 scenario....

Currently one of the companies, which has less than 20 users, uses an
external mail hosting company and they POP their mail. The other company
uses the internal Exchange 2000 box. Since we can't seem to find a
solution to house both companies' mail on the same box and still retain
anonimity, we were thinking that a possible solution is to install a
POP3 connector on the Exchange box to POP the external mail. That
accomplishes several tasks:

- Anonimity is retained, since NDR's would still come from the external
hosting company.
- All internal mail clients could be setup the same way; no need for
some POP clients and some MAPI clients.
- All mail is now being AV scanned.

Whatd'ya think? Does my scenario make sense for using a POP3 connector?

Jason