hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Steven Owen
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 2:08 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Full Exchange Server restore query

Hello all,

Windows NT4
Exchange Server 5.5
Full restore of Directory Service & Information Store

I have a query regarding the restore of Exchange 5.5
Server to new hardware. I have read over the DR
Whitepapers and KB Article 177635 and am slightly
confused and hope one of you guys can clarify

Once you have installed a BDC to the production NT4
domain and it has a copy of the SAM Accounts Database,
it then says take it off the production network,
isolate it and then promote to a PDC.

Do you have to promote this to a PDC? or is it an
option. The reason I ask is because ideally once the
Exchange Server is restored to my new hardware, I
would like to place this back on my production network
which already has a PDC and unless I am mistaken, you
can only have 1 PDC on an NT4 Domain

If anyone has any other KB Articles they can
recommend, I will gladly read them.

Cheers

Steven Owen
Wooden Spoon Society