Excellent.  I would much rather manage from one locations, I'm not ( at this
point ) worried about the granularity.  I'll use the admin tool.  Thanks
Darcy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Darcy Adams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 10:14 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Mailbox permission problems

You can give rights from the client if that fits your needs.  It's just a
matter of where you want to manage the access from.

If you, as the administrator, are expected to control who has access, give
rights from the Admin tool.  And give "user" rights at each individual
mailbox.

If you want a finer granularity on the permissions (such as by folder), or
if the mailbox owner will be managing access, give permissions via the
client.

The main thing is this: don't give Admin rights to anyone other than
Exchange admins.  There are other ways to safely give access to individual
mailboxes (as described above).

Oh - and be prepared to wait up to 120 minutes for the changes to take
effect.  You can shorten that time via a reghack.  There's a Q-article
somewhere in the KB that explains how.

Darcy