From: Blunt, James H (Jim) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 3:48 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: No originator <> messages

Charles,

I think what Chris is trying to say is, that's what an NDR is...REFUSING to
accept mail for [EMAIL PROTECTED], because it doesn't exist, and
trying to deliver notification of that fact to the original recipient.
Exchange sends those notifications back to the originator with <> as the
sender.

What she's asking for is a way to eliminate sending NDRs to nonexistant
return addresses, which is why she sees e-mail backed up in the outbound Q,
addressed to "[EMAIL PROTECTED], from <>.  Many times, those SPAM
e-mails are sent to what used to be legitimate SMTP addresses within the
organization, but which have since been deleted, due to an employee leaving
the company.  Happens to me every day.

So...Pete's initial suggestion to add the SMTP address of
[EMAIL PROTECTED] to the Blackhole DL when the employee leaves the
company, is a legitimate and very good suggestion.

Jim Blunt