-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 2:10 PM
To: Exchange Discussions

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, at 9:14am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Sorry, can't help you. I don't agree with that belief in the least.

  I don't like HTML email because 99.999% of it is completely and
utterly
useless.  It typically adds nothing to the content of the message at
all. In
fact, much of it is actively detrimental: Email attacks, browser
attacks,
hidden tracking "bugs", and so on.  Spam and HTML appear to go together
as
well.

  Meanwhile, HTML email is often 100% to 1000% bigger than the
plain-text
equivalent.  No, that is not a typo.  One-thousand percent.  Ten times.

That is a mighty big increase in size just to add... well, nothing.

  On one system (we're a consultant), we configured a gateway to
automatically strip HTML content from all incoming mail.  It cut down on
spam and virus attacks markedly, and appeared to reduce storage
requirements
(don't have hard numbers, sorry).  The only complaint we received was
from a
user who no longer received her email horoscopes in color with graphics.

  Sounds like a win-win situation to me.  :-)

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>