Re reading this message I realise I didn't make clear that I want to move all the
machines and resources from the original addressing form (DNS addresses) to the new
addressing format.

-----Original Message-----
From: North, Martin
Sent: 23 January 2003 09:18
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Moving a Domain

Problem: I have a resource 2000 forest consisting of a root domain and 1
child domain. For purposes of discussion called "root" and "child".  The
DNS name of the child domain is therefore "child.root.com"

I now want to create a DNS name for the child domain of sub.child.root.com
but maintain at the 2000 level the name of the domain as "child".  I am
running Microsft DNS which is Active Directory integrated.  What do I need
to do at the Active Directory level, the individual machine level and at
the Exchange 2000 level( 4 servers in 1 site)to achieve this.

Thanks for any info.