hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Tim
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 7:57 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Arcserve 2000 and MSX 5.5

Question for everyone.  I do have the exchange agent and it is running
but I would still like to backup my transaction logs, .log and .chk
files in both my mdbdate and dsadata folders.  I get intermitten errors
on some of the files as far as being in use.  I tried using a filter to
block out those files (edb.log and temp.edb) and now because the names
on the other transaction logs are dynamic I get errors because it can't
see the ones that were purged.

I guess my question is does everyone simply rely on the exchange agent
and not attempt to back up the mdbdata or dsadata folders or do you try
to backup the transaction logs?  There has to be a technique to do this.