-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Mike Strock
Sent: 02 February 2003 07:24
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: 550 errors

I'm administering a 5.5 box, SP3 installed.  I've got a couple users who
have switched to using POP3/SMTP through this machine (they are remote
users now).

They are getting a message when trying to send mail to users outside the
default domain of '550, relaying prohibited'.  I've had them set it such
that they have checked 'Server requires authentication' and had them put
in their username/password for the domain.

One user is using Outlook Express, one is using Outlook 2000.

How can I correct this?

Thanks.

Mike Strock