Have you tried a full online backup with NTBACKUP?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ashraph, Elizabeth A." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 10:15 AM
Subject: RE: Trans logs

> All the backups being performed are full, and yet the logs are not getting
deleted.  Where would you start in troubleshooting that problem, the backup
system or Exchange?  Thanks.

> Liz Ashraph

worked with.  If you perform a full (normal) or incremental backup, the
backup program purges the logs.  If you perform a differential or copy
backup, the logs are not purged.

> Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP kcCC+I
> Tech Consultant
> hp Services
> Protecting the world from PSTs and Bricked Backups!

do so after a successful off-line backup.

> If the logs were not purged, then the option to do so wasn't set.
>
> knighTslayer

Elizabeth A.
> Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 12:15 AM
> To: Exchange Discussions
> Subject: Trans logs
>
> Please forgive me in advance for asking this, but in Ex5.5 who deletes the
transaction logs after a full backup, does Exchange or the Exchange aware
Backup software (like Veritas).  Has anyone seen cases where backups are
successful but the logs don't get purged, what might cause this.  Thanks.