From: Andrey Fyodorov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 13:22
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Mac OS X and SMTP Auth on Exchange

Hi all.

I have Exchange 2000 SP3.

One of the customers has Macs and they are using the mail applet that comes with Mac
OS X (POP3/SMTP)

They are reporting that often they can't send mail using our Exchange 2000 front-end
servers.

They get a pop-up error:
the SMTP server "exchange.hosting.innerhost.com" rejected the password for user
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
Please re-enter your password or cancel.

(I have changed the username for the purpose of this post)

We require SMTP Authentication on our servers.

Is there something special about the Macs? (like the format of the username, or maybe
it does not like the @ sign)

Or is Mac mail just not compatible with Exchange?

This message is private or privileged.  If you are not the
person for whom this message is intended, please delete it
and notify me immediately, and please do not copy or send
this message to anyone else.