This PC had a problem after a power outage. I have gotten it running fine
except for one problem. I get that error when trying to open a mailbox.
Now, I can goto another PC and open this users mailbox no problem so it is
not a problem with the info store. On this PC you can pingthe mail server,
DNS is working correctly and anything else network related is working
fine.
Now, when I go into exchange properties and reenter the users name and
tell it to check name, I get this: THe name could not be resolved. The
microsoft Exchange Address Boook was unable to log on to the Microsoft
Exchange Server computer...
AGain, the server is fine as all other users are working fine and this
user can goto another system and check mail. There is something still
wrong with this system. ITs running 2k pro and I have reinstalled outlook
2k and SP3. Nothing has changed. I have also set the logon network
security to None in hopes that I could force logon credentials to the
server but when I try to open outlook it just goes straight to the above
error again, ignoring the need for authentication.
Anyone have any ideas? This is my VP;s system and reinstall is not really
an option.