Also check c:\documents and settings\username\application data\microsoft..

David

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Allison M.
Wittstock
Sent: 13 February 2003 17:26
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: Lost Emails after making new user

Hi,

I found an answer but I would still like to know something.

Where does Windows XP store (by default) PSTs and/or OSTs?
My user had almost nothing in C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local
Settings\Programs\Microsoft\Outlook\*

Somehow the user had been working in Exchange offline-mode, even though he
had
no Exchange account.  When he was prompted with the Exchange login info, he
was just hitting cancel.  When I had given the proper login info (after
creating the account), I was getting his empty mailbox folders.

Since he had no PSTs or OSTs, where is the data?
Before I created his account, the System Manager showed no Mailbox for him.
After it was created, it showed 1 or 2 items.

Does XP store this offline info as another file type?  I  have never noticed
this on Win2k + Outlook 2k, only this Win XP + Outlook 2k machine.

Thanks
Allison