In 5.5 I can set up in the routing tab of the IMS to reroute incoming SMTP
mail, sent to whatever domain to relay, overriding relay restrictions even
tho the mail is coming from another site. Where is this in 2k? I was able
to see some things that were close but not quite what I needed and
tinkering with them I could not get them to work. This functionality was
perfect for our needs and I had to undo my upgrade last night because I
was unable to duplicate this functionality.
For some background here is my scenario. Have a pc in the field that if it
sees an alarm state will send out e-mails. Normally it will just send to
me here and all was fine but we needed to add other addresses like pagers,
cell phones remote users in different domains etc. The last thing I want
to to is make my server and open relay. Our config was fine since if
someone wanted relay from my server it would reject it if it was not 1.
ony my internal network or 2. sending mail to any of the domains listed in
the routing table.