I ran into a bunch of this when we moved mailboxes from a 5.5 server to
an E2K server.

The most common symptom we saw was an extremely long hour class followed
by an error message when the user clicked on the other user's
mailbox/calendar/contacts.  Our case was more of Admin Assistant's who
always had their boss's information open rather than one-off opening of
mailboxes.

The solution was pretty straight forward.  Remove the mailbox from the
Advanced tab of the Exchange properties window of Outlook.  Open
Outlook, close Outlook. (this step could probably be removed but I
wanted to make sure that any pointers to that user was removed). Add the
desired mailbox again and open Outlook.

In your case, I would imagine that they would have to manually open
desired mailbox to repopulate the list but I haven't actually given it a
try.

-Matt

Matthew Bailey
LAN Engineer