are you able to ping the COMPUTER_NAME of the Exchange server?

-----Original Message-----
From: Niko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 8:13 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Outlook connect problem with Exchange Server

Hi all,

I have problem with outlook to access an exchange server
I do know how to set outlook up to access an exchange server.

I have 30 workstations accessing it now, it is only this one that will not
connect. Everytime I hit "Check Name" I get the error -

"Outlook could not log on. Check to make sure you are connected to the
network and are using the proper server mailbox name. The Microsoft
Exchange
Address Bool was unable to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server
computer.
Contact your system administrator if the problem persists."

Can ping the Exchange server by name and by IP.

 Try add winnt\system32\drivers\etc in the HOSTS
   file give a line for exchange:
        IP ADDRESS        COMPUTER_NAME

Still can't connect

System: Windows 2000 Workstation