I've been pulling my hair out all morning trying to figure this out.

A client called me out to look at an OWA issue. For the past week or so,
no users can attach files to an email message using OWA. It's an
Exchange 5.5 SP3 box running on NT4 SP6a.

While composing a new message, a user switches to the Attachment tab.
User browses to the file to be attached and clicks Open. When they click
"Add attachment now", the image of the 2 folders with the paper flying
from one to the other appears, but nothing ever happens. I've been told
they have let this go overnight, and still nothing. No error message
appears on the client, just the graphic of the paper flying from one
folder to another.

Here is some further info:

1. No errors appear in any of the event logs on the Exchange server
2. This is the only Exchange server
3. Temp files are being created in the \Webtemp folder
4. Permissions on the \Webtemp folder are set to Everyone - Full Control
5. Application settings on the Exchange virtual directory is set to
Execute (including script)
6. As soon as an OWA client clicks the "add attachment now" button, I
can hear a beep coming from the Exchange server (the "chord" wav file,
if that makes a difference)
7. Norton antivirus is running on the Exchange server. I have tried
stopping the service completely, which didn't help

I have searched the Microsoft KB and Google Groups inside and out, and
haven't found anything. Does anyone have a clue what could be going on?

Jason