Exchange 2k SP3

Finally, I got an event on this.  Every now and then one of our users
(Random) sends an outbound email with an attachment that gets stuck on
our SMTP connector that connects to our mail gateway.  Below are the
events it triggered in order.  Its not a certain attachment and its not
a certain client.  Its all random.  Clients are sending HTML, RTF, and
plain text.   It happens to all of them.  I'm stuck on this.  It has
been happening for a while so I am kind of frustrated.  I guess it might
lead to PSS.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

1.
Event ID: 327
Source: MSExchangeTransport
Category: Exchange Store Driver

The following call : EcGetMime to the store failed. Error code :
-2147024809. MDB : 2126f66d-a776-4b44-9790-bc6902e8aed1. FID : 1-2E. MID
: 1-2E2AC8B. File : .

2.
Event ID: 4000

Message delivery to the remote domain '[mail gateway ip]' failed for the
following reason: Unable to open the message for delivery.