Our Local SEC (Fort Worth, TX) is accepting it.  But I cannot say wether or
not it is certified.  Have the even come out with requirements to be
certified?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Hlabse [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 3:27 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: SEC mail retention rule

So then journaling is certified to be compliant with SEC rule 17a-4?

From: "Clemens, Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:23:47 -0600

We have the same issue here.  I am using Exchange 2000 and Journaling but I
have the advantage of a SAN to store it on.  I have everything going to a
single mailbox and its roughly at 60GB with about 2.5million messages and I
can still search it and access it no problem.  Becarefull with Indexing
though...It will suck up those resources....I index at night only.  We
looked at KVS and others and they wanted way to much money.....Journaling
(The poor mans solution) is good enough for now.