Hello All.

I've been having problems with my NAV for Exchange for several months now. I
can't figure out the problem, partly because I guess I'm not sure how it's
supposed to work normally. I came in to work after taking 2 weeks off and
this is what it was doing. I don't know if one of the other "administrators"
changed something or not. My "NAV for Microsoft Exchange" service won't stay
running. When I start the service, it starts and will run for a few minutes.
During that time, I can use the Web Based Administration to look at settings
and such, but after a couple minutes, the Web Interface starts saying "the
page cannot be displayed". Looking at the service, it shows the service
stopped. Then looking at the Event Viewer, here are the errors I get, in the
order I get them:

[Event ID 107] - Service started: Version 2.17 (Build 75)

[Event ID 169] - Email Notifications could not be initialized using the MAPI
profile "Norton AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange". It failed with
0x80070005. Notifications will not be sent.

[Event ID 79] - Service cannot start since the NT account specified is not
an Exchange Administrator. Check the account used in 'Services' Control
Panel applet and verify that the account has Administrator rights.

[Event ID 185] - The service will be shutdown due to an unexpected failure
initializing virus protection.

[Event ID 169] - Email Notifications could not be initialized using the MAPI
profile "Norton AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange". It failed with
0x80040111. Notifications will not be sent.

I actually get Event ID 169 several times. Now, I've tried several things to
fix this. I've ensured the Service starts up using the ExAdmin account and
made sure the password was correct and that didn't help.

I changed the password and that didn't help.

I tried using my account for starting the service and made sure I was an
Exchange Administrator and that didn't work.

I get the same errors every time. Has anyone ever seen this or know what I
may be missing?
Thanks.

IT1(SW) Biesecker, USN
USS DEYO (DD-989) "Strike Destroyer"