Maybe this might help someone else. We have had intermittent problems with Outlook 98
on a couple  of Dell pc's. Occasionally Outlook would be very slow coming up and when
it finally came up, it was not responding. Turns out on both of these pc's the hard
drive went out later, and after replacing the hard drive the problem completely
disappeared. Dell has a neat utility that pops up warning of hard drive problems. The
computers ran long enough so that we could Ghost to a new drive.

The other problems we have had with Outlook connection have been cured by deleting the
Exchange service and recreating.

For what it is worth,

Bill Kuhl