Helps more than not knowing what the Jet error was. Do any of the root
causes referenced in KB Article 253111 apply?

Another process has "stolen" the file. A virus checker may mistakenly
quarantine a file, or a backup process may temporarily deny access.
A disk or controller failure has occurred, and access to the entire drive
has been lost, sometimes temporarily. Check the System Log for I/O or drive
errors near the time of the 158 Event.
Permissions have been removed from the folder where the file resides.
The file has been marked read-only. This is most likely to happen to a
checkpoint file.
The folder containing the file has been renamed or deleted. This is also
mostly likely to happen to a checkpoint file.