That whitepaper was indeed written before Exchange 2000 SP2 came out
which introduced a lot of new features also causing some architectural
changes. The file you can modify on Exchange 2000 SP2+
vw_Navbar20.js,but remember: any of those modifications are unsupported
and installing a service pack might revert it back to the default and
you will loose all your changes.

<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application
Experts
http://www.cdolive.com