From: Tony Hlabse [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 8:31 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: HELP EseUtil still going.

I wouldn't recommend it. It takes as long as it takes. Do you have enough of

disk space?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: HELP EseUtil still going.
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:22:07 -0400

My exchange 5.5 server went down with a full 16 GB priv.edb today.  I
started a defrag at noon EST and it went to 100% complete at around 5:30 PM
but it still says 100% and the disk drive is still very active and the
prompt hasn't returned.  Is this normal.  About how long should a 16 GB
defrag take on a P3 1Ghz server.

Is it normal to stay at 100% so long or should I kill the process.

Thanks for any quick responses cuz I'm stuck sitting here not sure if the
process is hung.

Jim