-----Original Message-----
From: Peter White [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 10:06 AM
To: Exchange Discussions

Hi,
    I hope somebody can help us out.  We have Exchange 5.5 sp4 and about 100
users in three geographical locations.  Our problem is that some of our
users regard the company email as their own personal amusement center and
frequently cc emails with large attachments to 25 or more of their personal
internet email buddies.  We have only a 512k internet connection and this
heavy non-business email traffic slows our legitimate site-to-site
communication to a crawl.
   I feel sure that just a few users are really abusing the system and I'd
like to find out who they are. I don't want to penalize everyone in the
company because of a few ignorant users who abuse the system. Can I track
which users are sending attachements, how big the attachments are and how
many people they are ccing to?  If I can get that info I can deal with the
abusers without stepping on email for everyone in the company.

thanks

Peter White