XP Pro & Win2KPro, plus some OWA.

-----Original Message-----
From: Midgley, Ian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 09:24
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Clustering... is it worth it?

What client configurations are you thinking of supporting?

We have a centralized architecture but line speeds are not fast enough to
support online access - a word doc can take over a minute to stream down to
some locations. Thus we have configured Outlook in offline mode, but this
makes the use of public folders very painful since if the public folders are
large and marked as available offline the ost file gets very large and is
more likely to break.

Can't see a good way around this apart from using Notes, which seems to cope
with a centralized architecture and disconnected users much better :( .

Anyone got any good ideas other than Exchange 2003?