-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve B
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 9:37 AM
To: Exchange Discussions

I seem to be involved in a bit of philosophical debate and want to get
opinions from the field on this.

Basically, I have some "service mailboxes" that I would prefer not to run on
regular mailbox servers. These particular mailboxes do not hold any email,
they are simply needed for the cirictal operation of exchange dependant
third party services (like a peice of monitoring software that needs its own
mailbox). They pose no risk to any server and do not need special attention.
I feel better if they reside on infrastructure servers such as bridgeheads
or smtp gateways since these servers tend to have less problems than regular
mailbox servers do (as far as is's stopping or mailbox servers needing to be
rebooted more often and then large transaction logs replaying that
contribute to a longer down time for these services that rely on the
mailbox).

What do you guys/gals feel about this?