The last couple of days we had a couple of incidents when an Exchange
2000 cluster node crapped out and did not fail over. We had to
completely shut it down in order for it to release resources and fail
over.

After the fact we checked the event logs and saw that it was having
problems seeing the domain controllers. There were a lot of RFR and NSPI
errors.

The server ran fine for a long time before this started happening. The
most recent change was applying the MS Security patch
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp

the patch was applied Monday night. The node started misbehaving on
Wednesday morning.

Could this be a result of the patch?

Has anyone seen anything similar?

Thanks!