Hey ya all, this is really weird,

   Had to reinstall the imc on Monday and asked everyone to log off which
this particular client says he did but after the server came up Outlook is
very sluggish in starting or will not start at all, get either the "retry,
work offline, or cancel" dialog box or the "Requesting Data from the
Exchange Server" dialog box then it might open. Also some of the client
machines have been getting the "Requesting data from Microsoft Exchange"
window but very infrequently.

Have 10 servers running Exchange 5.5 sp4 on nt40 sp6, the client is running
xp and office xp with all patches loaded. The particular server that this
client is on is the Public Folder server and has the IMC/CC mail connector's
on it.

Troubleshooting steps so far:
1. Turned off, "Enable Instant Messaging" on the client.
2. Unchecked the all Planner Options on the client.
3. Tried a hosts file with this server name in it.
4. Change the RPC binder order from default to tcp_ip and spx only.
4a. Ran the rpc ping utility from this workstation and set ping 50 times all
successful.
5. Can ping server just by name.
5. arp -a has the correct server and mac address of the nic card
6. nbtstat -c shows the server.
7. Did a nslookup of the exchange server from this workstation and server
resolved.
8. Looked in the Wins manager did notice another entire for this machine
deleted it.
9. Can do a \\"exchange server" name from the workstation.
10. Uninstalled and reinstalled Office Xp.

I'm cornfused now.....and scratching my head about this...

Any suggestions.

Also I want to get a sniff of this workstation and know there is a new
version of netmon called netmon2. I tried ftping to Microsoft's site via a
link that I was given and also searching via the web with no luck do any of
you have it?

john