Currently Exchange 5.5 on NT mixed mode w/AD installed on 4 DC's.  Plans
for Migration to E2K on W2k in a couple of months.  Downtime doesn't come
around very often.

Question:  Are there any repercussions on extending the Schema for E2K
without installing e2k in the very near future.

I've set up a small test lab (at this time I'm unable to dup the majority
of our topology) and have noticed the time length for updating the schema
on this small test lab was very large (3hours).

--Fred