We are having problems removing a client from a black list and need a
little help.  This particular blacklister wants us to have an email
address of [EMAIL PROTECTED] where x.x.x.x refers to the IP of our
Exchange server. RFC 1123 talks about this in some detail.  My only
problem is that I can't get it to work.  We tried adding an SMTP address
for a users account (the user who will be responsible for these emails.
This failed.  I then added the SMTP address to the server under
Directory Services.  This failed.  I then added it to our IMC as it is
set to only route mail for our domain (to prevent the server from being
used as a relay point).  This also fails.  All we get is that the server
prohibits relaying.  Also, raw mode (recommended by Microsoft) shows the
address to be correct.  What am I missing?  Here is our setup:

Exchange 5.5 SP4
Windows NT SP6a

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Damian Scoles