Greetings,

I am encountering into a problem when I try to run ForestPrep to add the
first Exchange 2000 server to an existing Exchange 5.5 site.  At the
time setup runs its checks I am getting an Invalid Character error.  I
have checked the display names of both the Organization and Sites and
there is no problem there.  I have also looked at the XADM: Invalid
Character Error Occurs When You Upgrade or Join an Exchange Server 5.5
Site KB article 289671.  I am in the process of checking for schema
attributes that may have multiple descriptions though I have not found
any yet.

Have any of you encountered this problem before?  Are there any
recommendations on how to resolve this?

Exchange 5.5 SP4
Windows NT SP6
CA Backup software