I am seeing some weird stuff. We moved a bunch of mailboxes from one
Exchange 2000 server to another Exchange 2000 server (within the same
org, within the same Admin group).

All of a sudden we are getting calls that users can't access some common
mailboxes. These users are members of special groups that were given
full mailbox access permission to those common mailboxes. For some
reason these group permissions were stripped off during the mailbox
move. I could never imagine something like this. How is it possible?