Have you tried disabling Trend to see what effect that has?  My WAG is that
Trend is eating it during the scanning process...

-----Original Message-----
From: Wall, Max [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 6:41 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: PDF Digital Signature Corruption

We are having problems sending certain PDF file attachment (~60kbytes)
through Microsoft Exchange which have been digitally signed using Adobe
Acrobat . When the attachment arrives at the destination and is opened in
Acrobat the signature status is 'Signature invalid'.  The problem is not
happening to all signed PDFs, probably around 1 in 4 PDFs are corrupted.

I have narrowed the problem down to Microsoft Exchange. I've sent the same
PDF files with Outlook and Outlook Express using SMTP (with our Exchange
SMTP and other SMTP servers) and they go through fine. But when sent from an
Exchange client the Acrobat digital signature are getting corrupted. I've
tried all different variations of the attachment options in the Exchange IMS
but to no avail.

We are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Our Exchange
anti-virus is Trend Micro Scanmail.

Anyone come across this problem or something similar before?

Regards

Max

Max Wall, IT Services, Seven Worldwide Ltd
Web: http://www.sevenww.co.uk Tel: +44 (0)20 7871 7883