From: Ben Winzenz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 1:55 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Replication and Schema problem

You need to have a Global Catalog server in every AD Site that hosts
Exchange (not Exchange site, AD Site).

As far as the remote offices, it depends.  GC's can help with a number of
things, including password changes, logins, etc.  If you don't have local
DNS servers though, having or not having a GC in the remote location ain't
gonna do squat for your remote offices.  DNS holds the records for the
global catalog servers.  If the client can't query DNS for where to find a
GC, it can't find one.  Setting up a DC with AD-integrated DNS is so easy to
do.  There's no reason not to.

Ben Winzenz
Network Engineer
Gardner & White