From: Tony Hlabse [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 2:18 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: Outlook and OWA clients slow after restore of Exchange 2000 Server

How exactly did you do the restore?

From: "Anciso, Roy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:40:55 -0400

Hello,

I am currently encountering problems with our Outlook and OWA clients
connecting to exchange after a restore of our Exchange 2000 server.  After
the restore Outlook clients continuously receive a window that informs the
user that “Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange server”.
We have also noticed that OWA performance is very slow.  On occasion
messages that are selected for reply receive a page not found.

Our exchange server setup is as follows:

Exchange 2000 SP3 and post sp3 fixes applied

Windows 2000 with SP4

Exchange is installed on a member server

A Domain controller is located on the same network as the Exchange server

We also have a domain controller at a remote location connected via T1

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Thanks in advance

Roy Anciso

---

Need more e-mail storage? Get 10MB with Hotmail Extra Storage.
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---