From: Erick Thompson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 17 September 2003 11:29 a.m.
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: OWA front end server - licensing and security

Ed,

I'm a little confused. You're recommending that I put in a front end server,
but not in the DMZ? It seems to me that I might have to open a bunch of
ports, but if the front end server is in the LAN, all ports are by default
open.

Just to clarify, I have one Exchange server which lives on my LAN, and there
is an SMTP server in my DMZ that relays messages to the Exchange server. At
the moment, I don't have any other Exchange servers running.

Thanks,
Erick

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Notice:
This e-mail message is only intended to be read by the named recipient.  It
may contain information which is confidential, proprietary or the subject of
legal privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail.  You may not use any information
contained in it.  Legal privilege is not waived because you have read this
e-mail.

For further information on the Beca Group of Companies, visit our web page
http://www.beca.co.nz