I'll kindly ask you to get off of my soapbox.

My favorite one I've heard lately: "Well, it uses fiber to attach to the SAN
so it's much faster for Exchange."

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Seielstad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 2:50 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Exchange and SAN

As long as you don't buy into the great white lie of SAN's, you're golden.

That lie is that there's no performance hit created by taking a single large
array and carving it into a bunch of LUNs - there's a physics issue there.
Other than that, its just a bunch of disks, just like the SCSI attached ones
you probably have now.

Roger D. Seielstad - MTS MCSE MS-MVP
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis Inc.