Hi all.

We have recently finished migrating from 5.5 to 2000 and switched to
native mode.

Right away we noticed that a large number of public folders lost their
mail-enabled status. I thought that only newly created PFs in native
Exchange 2000 are supposed to be mail-disabled, but the old ones should
remain enabled, am I wrong?

Also despite getting mail-disabled, the respective objects remained in
the Microsoft Exchange System Objects container in ADUC.

When we mail-enable the folders that got mail-disabled, sometimes they
find their "stub" in the Microsoft Exchange System Objects container and
click back in. Sometimes, they get mail-enabled from scratch and receive
an SMTP address with number 2 - in those cases we have to find and
delete the orphan stub.

Has anyone else here experienced such behavior?

Thanks!