-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nathan Boyd
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 6:54 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Mail Loop with automatic replies to the internet

I am administrating an Exchange 5.5 environment and have enabled an
automatic reply to the internet for a public folder.  The public folder is
for our customer services who want customers to reply to confirm an e-mail
address.

Having turned on this rule I am experiencing a mail loop with an aol user
who has turned on an out of office assistant.

I was of the understanding that this feature should only send one message
per 24 hour period to the same address and not create a mail loop.  Having
tested it on my external mail account with an out of office it does not
create a loop.  Am I wrong and this feature only applies to Out Of Office to
the internet, or is this a glitch that maybe someone has an idea to fix?

Thanks,

Nathan