I am suddenly having problems with my incoming email and it seems to be a
PTR record issue.

My incoming email server was reporting the following error message in the
App log :
PTR record. <198.77.178.129> has a PTR record, but does not match HELO
string <fw>, accepting anyway
Ptrs = cerberus-service.aiim.org

I verified the DNS settings for the TCP/IP protocol of my firewall that was
sendign these emails to my mail server and found that the DNS hostname said
FW while the domain was blank. I thus changed this to say
Hostname: cerberus-service and domain: aiim.org
I then rebooted the firewall

However, my mail server still reports the same error. This time the error
says:
PTR record. <198.77.178.129> has a PTR record, but does not match HELO
string <cerebus-service.aiim.org>, accepting anyway
Ptrs = cerberus-service.aiim.org

According to this message, the 2 PTR records do match then why am I still
getting the error ?

Please advise.