-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of RBHATIA
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 12:01 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Does this make sense ?

Runnign Exchange 5.5 SP4

I recently had someone report to me that she was not getting all her emails
from a specific company. The company was running an online training service
and each time someone would sign up for a course, their system is supposed
to send us and them, course confirmation emails. The system uses the BCC
field to send these emails to us while the TO field contains the email
address of the person who signed up for the course. So 3 people receive the
confirmation, the person who signed up for the course, my staff person
(blank copy) and the person at the company offering the service (blank
copy).
The problem is that some of these emails don't come through at all or
sometimes if they do come through, it takes a couple of hours or even a day
or so to reach us. I have enquired from the company whether they are having
any problems with their mail service and they claim that the blank copies of
the email confirmations reach them right away so they are pointing a finger
at us saying the problem is at our end. However, I have had no problems
sending myself emails from other sources. I have tried sending myself emails
from my Yahoo, Hotmail and even my Verizon account and all the emails reach
my Exchange server right away.
I even sent myself an exact duplicate of the email confirmation that goes
out spoofing the FROM address to read as the sender of the email
confirmation message and they do come through almost instantly (which proves
that my spam server is not catching these emails).
Is it still possible that the problem might be on our end ? Why then would
some emails reach my server instantly and some wouldn't ? I haven't had any
other complaints from others about emails not reaching us on time.
Please advise.
Thanks